Zoox

1149 Chess Drive, Foster City, CA 94404

3.5

BPI
Financial Rating

3.9

BPI Stakeholder Rating

3.2

BPI Social Responsibility Rating

Zoox was founded to make personal transportation safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable—for everyone. To achieve that goal, the team created a whole new form of transportation. Zoox will provide mobility-as-a-service in dense urban environments.

3.5

Overall Excellence Rating

Industry

AI and machine learning

Category

Computer Hardware Development

ESG/Ethical Impact

Sustainability isn’t just important at Zoox: it’s a core part of why we’re here. Even our name points to this. ‘Zoox’ comes from ‘zooxanthellae’: tiny, algae-like organisms, powered by the sun, that support the biodiversity of coral reef ecosystems. It’s a great metaphor for the relationship we see Zoox having with cities, people, and our environment. This Earth Day, we want to explain the journey we’re taking to support a gradual shift from today’s reliance on private car ownership to a cleaner transportation system of shared, all-electric, ride-hailing vehicles. Gas-powered private cars don’t make sense for our environment—or our future. Consider a few eye-opening facts: A quarter of US air pollution is caused by transportation (Source: EPA, 2018) Globally, transportation accounts for a quarter of CO2 emissions. (Source: BBC, 2020) We only use our cars 4% of the time, leaving them to depreciate on driveways for the other 96% (Source: Fortune, 2016) And while switching to hybrid or all-electric vehicles can help cut emissions, it doesn’t solve all of these problems. As each Zoox vehicle is all-electric, it produces less emissions than gas-powered vehicles. But by starting from the ground up, we wanted to go further. We wanted to create a service that would completely change the mobility landscape. Our all-electric vehicle is designed to be shared. When you’re not riding in it, someone else is. We’ll also own and operate our fleet of vehicles. Sustainability is built into our business model. But that doesn’t get us off the hook for making sure we operate day-to-day in a sustainable way too. As part of Amazon’s Climate Pledge, we’ve committed to reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2040. In pursuit of Climate Pledge commitments, we’ve conducted our first annual GHG inventory, and in 2021, we reduced our carbon footprint associated with global electricity usage to zero. These initiatives are helping us to reach our net zero goal 10 years ahead of the Paris Climate Agreement deadline.

Eligible Awards

Coming Soon





Claim Your Award Badges

Do you work with Us

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer.

Awards Received

2023

Revenues

$1,200,000,000.00

Website Traffic

Employee Rating

4.1

Customer Rating

3.7

Company Size

1000-5000

ESG Risk Rating

3

We’re Happy to Help.

Do you have questions about your ranking, our projects, or why you’re not on the list?
Scroll to Top

Excellence In My Industry

This badge tells your customers, employees, partners, and other stakeholders that your company has met the criteria of our excellence certification in best practices across all pillars of business in your specific industry – from financial responsibility and results, sustainability, social responsibility, employee experience, customer satisfaction, ethics, and more.

Best Practice Certified

This badge tells your customers, employees, partners, and other stakeholders that your company has met the criteria of our excellence certification in best practices across all pillars of business – from financial responsibility and results, sustainability, social responsibility, employee experience, customer satisfaction, ethics, and more.

Best of Best Practices

This badge tells your customers, employees, partners, and other stakeholders that your company is one of the top 20 companies in your industry that has met the criteria for our excellence certification in best practices across all pillars of business – from financial responsibility and results, sustainability, social responsibility, employee experience, customer satisfaction, ethics, and more.

Newsweek Excellence 1000

This badge tells your customers, employees, partners, and other stakeholders that your company is one of the Top 1000 companies that demonstrate excellence across all pillars of business – from financial responsibility and results, sustainability, social responsibility, employee experience, customer satisfaction, ethics, and more.